Southern Front Forged Iron Door Warranty
Updated April 2023
Effective on products purchased on or after December 1,2021
All Southern Front Doors iron doors are hand forged and individually finished in our factory . Minor differences in doors are normal and are to be expected to achieve the “Hand Crafted” look. Not every slab door is exactly the same.
All Southern Front Doors iron doors are warrantied to the original purchaser/owner from any defects in material and workmanship that would make our doors not serviceable or not usable under normal conditions, provided they are properly installed per instructions provided by Southern Front Doors.
This warranty is provided to the original purchaser/owner from the date of purchase extending for the following period:
- 2 Year Limited Warranty against structural and mechanical defects on all door frames, doors, inserts, glass panels and transoms.
- 2 Year Limited Warranty against seal failure on insulated glass provided by Southern Front Doors Inc.
- Replacement of glass (material and labor): year 0-1
- Replacement of glass (material only, FOB Houston, TX): year 2.
- 1 Year Limited Warranty on the factory applied finish, except for installations in costal environments. There is NO limited warranty within 5 miles of a cost line or other salt water environments. All Products finishes may age relative to time and exposure ; normal aging is not considered a defect.
The following are not considered the responsibility of Southern Front Doors Inc. and will void any warranties:
- Damage caused by installing a forged iron door without adequate overhang protection. The door unit must be protected with an outward overhang at least one half of the height of the overhang (Example: If the height of overhang is 10 feet, projection of overhang must be a minimum of 5 feet).
- Damage caused by failure to comply with the installation instructions provided by Southern Front Doors or by failure to promptly and adequately repair damages to the door unit, including chips or scratches to the finish.
- Damage, misuse or abuse caused by other parties or causes beyond the control of Southern Front Doors including Acts of Nature.
- Minor imperfections in glass, including scratches between the 2 panes in insulated units , are considered normal and not covered under warranty . In general , any visual imperfections must be visible from a distance of 10 feet to be considered a defect , some exclusion to this rule apply.
- Failures not covered include broken glass, improper storage, installation and maintenance, improper cleaning, condensation on interior door surfaces as a result of cold climate installation, and moisture penetration resulting from normal wear and tear including pets. Additionally, operating glass panels provide nearly twice the area of weather-strip contact when compared to doors without these operating panels. High wind and rain conditions could lead to some air and/or water infiltration and these instances are not considered failures.
All warranty claims must be approved by an authorized representative of Southern Front Doors.
Southern Front Doors has final say in approving all warranty claims and has the option to Repair, Replace, or Refund the product.