Southern Front Wood Door Warranty
Revised January 2023
Subject to the conditions and exclusions stated below, Southern Front, Inc. warrants that each stile and rail door will be free from defects in material and workmanship which would render the product unfit for normal and recommended use and service when installed in the continental USA.
Southern Front, Inc. warrants this product only to the first purchaser of this product for purposes other than resale, or the original purchaser of the residence into which such door is installed.
This warranty covers only defects which become evident during the periods outlined below, provided that the owner gives written notice of such defects to Southern Front, Inc. 11234 Jones Road West, Ste. B, Houston, Texas 77065, within the applicable time.
This warranty constitutes the sole and exclusive warranty offered by Southern Front, Inc. Southern Front, Inc. represents several door manufacturers and there shall be no expressed or implied warranty by Southern Front, Inc. on any product sold bearing the name of any manufacturer other than Southern Front, Inc.
All warranty claims for other name brand products must be made with the product manufacturer.
All items should be inspected thoroughly for defects upon receipt and before machining or installation.
Machining or installation of a door, window or component constitutes acceptance of the product.
Southern Front, Inc. will not recognize a warranty claim for any product that has been damaged or mishandled after shipment.
Southern Front, Inc. offers a limited warranty for one (1) year for doors, sidelights, transoms, and entryways from date of first purchase of the door, this warranty assuring that each such door, for this period, is of good material and workmanship and free from defects that would render the door unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary, recommended use.
This warranty shall be void if the door has not been stored, installed, and maintained in a good and workmanlike manner.
The following shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and are not covered by this warranty:
- Warp for any 6’8” high door shall not exceed one-fourth inch in any plane of the door.
Warp for any 8’0” high door shall not exceed one-half inch in any plane of the door.
Doors wider than 36” or higher than 8’0” are not warranted against warp.
Warp is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the frame or jamb in which it is hung.
The term “warp” shall include the related terms of bow, cup, and twist.
If the claimed nonconformity is warp, Southern Front, Inc. may defer repairing or replacing the product for a period up to twelve (12) months from the date when the product was installed, as it is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjusts to local humidity and temperature conditions.
2) Bow or nonalignment in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung.
3) Variations or unsatisfactory results in the finish, texture, or appearance resulting from the application of paint or other finishing material.
The physical appearance of the door is not covered by this warranty.
Any deterioration caused by failure to protect and seal all surfaces and edges of the door and or the failure to properly maintain the door or window unit annually.
4) Natural variation in wood color and texture, wood grain and the natural surface checking of the wood grain.
5) Damage caused beyond the control of Southern Front, Inc. including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, or mishandling, or by fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, or other acts of nature, war or terrorism.
In addition, water penetration due to heavy rain with high winds or pressurized water application from a water hose ,pressure washer or sprinkler system is not covered.
Leakage in any door around a “speakeasy” door opening is not covered.
6) Damage caused by failure to comply with the Wood Exterior Door Finishing and Maintenance Information available from Southern Front, Inc., failure to perform normal homeowner maintenance, or by attempts other than Southern Front, Inc. to repair the door.
7) Any and all damage resulting from exposure due to installation in an unprotected opening, such as an installation without sufficient overhang protection, which causes the door to be exposed to an unusual amount of direct sunlight and or precipitation.
Sufficient roof overhang depends upon the specific installation and weather patterns in the area of the installation, but typically means an overhang over the door or entry extending outwards from the entry door for a distance of not less than one-half of the height elevation measured from the bottom of the door to the bottom of the overhang at the point that the overhang is furthest from the entry door.
8) Surface check in the door that is less than 1/8” in width or less than 2” in length.
9) Panel movement or shrinkage. Temperature, humidity, and direct sunlight may cause the wood panels in the door to shrink slightly, leaving an unstained line along the edge of the panel. This movement is normal, and the door construction is designed to allow this movement.
10) Damage caused by installation of a storm door with the Southern Front, Inc. door, or by painting the door black or any dark color.
11) Reducing the height of the door by removing more than 1” from the bottom rail and or ½” from the top rail of the door. Reducing the width of the door by removing more than ½” from either side edge.
12) Custom millwork products that are specifically not warranted.
13) Appearance or performance , or size of a knot in any door.
Glass Panels, Windows and Wrought Iron Southern Front, Inc. does not warrant any product against glass breakage or glass damage for any reason.
The physical appearance of a glass panel is not covered by this warranty.
Clear glass may have imperfections.
This is not considered a defect.
The process used in making some decorative glass can cause natural, bubble-like or wavy areas to form in the glass. This is not considered a defect.
These are natural occurrences from the manufacturing process and shall not be considered a defect. Decorative glass has very little space between the panes of glass and may rattle with vibration of the door opening and closing.
The following glass panel warranties shall be void if the unit has not been stored, installed, and maintained in a good workmanlike manner, or if the damage is resulting from exposure due to installation in an unprotected opening, such as an installation without sufficient roof overhang protection, which causes the door and glass panel to be exposed to an unusual amount of direct sunlight and or precipitation.
(See number 7 above for more information on roof overhang protection.)
“IG” Insulated Glass Panels: The insulated glass panel, for a period of 1 year from the date of manufacture, is warranted against any material obstruction of vision through the unit due to the accumulation of dust, moisture, or film on the internal surface of the glass caused by failure of the unit’s edge seal due to defects in material or workmanship, under normal conditions.
This warranty shall be void.
1) If the unit has not been stored and installed in a good workmanship manner,
2) If the unit is installed in high moisture environments (such as green houses or swimming pool enclosures), or near a swimming pool.
3) If film, shades, or any foreign materials are used on or near the surface of the unit.
IG glass panels that are larger than 16 square feet are not warranted.
Wrought Iron Grilles and Inserts: Southern Front, Inc. does not warrant any wrought iron product against rusting or metal deterioration, or the appearance of decorative wrought iron.
For warranty purposes, all products must be installed by a licensed contractor. Claims Procedure and Limit on Remedies All warranty claims must be presented as outlined above, within the warranty period for the specific product as outlined above along with a copy of the original sales receipt and digital images showing the reason for the claim.
Southern Front, Inc. will not honor warranty claims made prior to payment in full of the warranted product. Upon validation by Southern Front, Inc. of any warranty claim, the product must be returned to Southern Front, Inc’s Houston, TX facility where Southern Front, Inc. will at its’ option:
1) repair the product
2) Furnish a comparable replacement product (or if the product is no longer produced, a replacement which in the sole opinion of Southern Front, Inc., constitutes a comparable replacement
3) Refund the purchase price paid for the product by the original purchaser of the product from Southern Front, Inc.
4) In the event the factory applied finish is proven defective, Southern Front, Inc. can choose to refinish the door or entry, or refund up to $100.00 to the current owner r or provide a refinish kit at no cost to the homeowner.
Southern Front, Inc. reserves the right to inspect, in the field or on our premises, any product which is alleged to be defective, and must be given at least a ninety (90) day opportunity to have any door or window which is the subject of a warranty claim field inspected by a company or field representative of Southern Front, Inc. All warranty returns must have Southern Front, Inc. authorization before the product is shipped back.
All items returned must be packaged properly to protect against any further unnecessary damage to the product. Proper packaging includes an adequate pallet, proper top and edge protective covering, and items preferably stood on edge. Items not given adequate packaging protection during return shipment may void the warranty.
All freight costs to and from Southern Front, Inc. for a warranty claim is the responsibility of the purchaser. THIS CONSTITUTES THE PURCHASERS SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER ANY CLAIM OR THEORY OF LIABILITY. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE FACE HEREOF.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIS, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, ARE EXCLUDED. SOUTHERN FRONT, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SHIPPING OR LABOR COST OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH AN ALLEDGED BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY OR NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF SOUTHERN FRONT, INC. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOUTHERN FRONT, INC. PAY FOR THE COST OF LABOR, INSTALLATION OR FINISHING OF A REPLACEMENT OR ORIGINAL DOOR / WINDOW OR FOR ANY COST RELATING TO THE REPLACEMENT OF A DOOR / WINDOW , ALL OF WHICH SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON MAKING THE WARRANTY CLAIM.